The advent of molecular nanotechnology will again expand enormously the effectiveness, comfort, and speed of future medical treatments while at the same time significantly reducing their risk, cost, and invasiveness. MNT will allow doctors to perform direct in vivo surgery on individual human cells. The ability to design, construct, and deploy large numbers of microscopic medical nanorobots will make this possible. Nanobearings and nanogears are perhaps the most convenient class of components to design because their structure and operation is straightforward.
- Track 1-1 Nanorobot Parts and Components
- Track 2-2 Self Assembly and Directed Parts Assembly
- Track 3-3 Positional Assembly and Molecular Manufacturing
- Track 4-4 Nanobearings and Nanogears
- Track 5-5 Nanomotors and power sources
- Track 6-6 Nanocomputers